- RSS Channel Showcase 8191424
- RSS Channel Showcase 5851416
- RSS Channel Showcase 5724747
- RSS Channel Showcase 1436489
Articles on this Page
- 07/11/13--11:49: _Beautiful lazy days...
- 05/09/14--14:55: _If the world’s at l...
- 07/06/14--00:32: _Anatomy of suicide
- 07/28/14--03:38: _Readers appreciatio...
- 08/04/14--02:53: _Everyone we know is...
- 10/12/14--01:34: _So fucking special
- 08/15/15--16:37: _Climate change is p...
- 10/16/15--02:31: _I am a visitor here...
- 09/15/17--21:45: _On being uncomfortable
- 07/11/13--11:49: Beautiful lazy days in Hawaii (on depression)
- 05/09/14--14:55: If the world’s at large why should I remain
- 07/06/14--00:32: Anatomy of suicide
- 07/28/14--03:38: Readers appreciation post
- 08/04/14--02:53: Everyone we know is brokenhearted
- 10/12/14--01:34: So fucking special
- 08/15/15--16:37: Climate change is personal
- 10/16/15--02:31: I am a visitor here, I am not permanent (The Snow Leopard review)
- 09/15/17--21:45: On being uncomfortable
I’ve been feeling like a phony lately. I can’t think of a life that could be more perfect than mine right now; summer in Hawaii, no schedule, I am saturated in love that spans half the globe. Sun, sand, ocean. No real worries, only an uncertain future (along with almost everyone else.) I can finally […]
I used to travel the world with songs like these on repeat. I think if I have an addiction it is the beginnings of things. I liked drifting from city to city, always just a visitor. I do not put down roots anywhere. There is a tantalizing sadness in not belonging. A sweet ache deep […]
In this post I’m going to talk about something that is difficult to talk about, but also very important. To me, it cuts to the very core of what it means to be human. The act of taking your own life. Humans are unique among the animals as in we are capable of deciding if […]
In celebration of reaching almost 500 followers on WordPress, I wanted to open up the floor for a little informal Q & A. When I started this blog 1,5 years ago I really had no idea what kind of blogger I wanted to be. I thought I wanted to be a lifestyle/personal blogger but over […]
I think Joshua Ellis just made my blog obsolete with this amazing, somber, absolutely human post. Please, please read it. I also think, whenever I get down in the future, I will just go back and read this and spare everyone my take on contemporary sadness. Not that everyone’s pain isn’t valid, it is just […]
I think my life would be a lot easier if I wasn’t obsessed with truth. Truth in all things. I badger the people I love about getting to the bottom of things – why did you do that, why do you think that, why, why, why. Sometimes it feels inevitable that my life took this … Continue reading So fucking special
Climate change. Such an innocent word. Unlike war there are not a handful of people responsible. In a way, we are all responsible, and then none of us are.
"God offers to every mind a choice between repose and truth. Take which you please - you can never have both", said Ralph Waldo Emerson. Truth or repose, said Matthiessen, in my ear today, quoting Emerson. I want both, of course, but for now I'll settle for becoming a traveler again.
That’s pretty much the mantra for the year, isn’t it? Literally, the world is burning up. Politically, I’ve never been more discouraged.